From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A species of dolphin.
(SP - 1708: l. 126')
The fourth Grampus, originally Boothbay, was built by Neafie and Levy, Philadelphia; purchased from the Eastern Steamship Line of Boston; and commissioned 14 December 1917 at the Boston Navy Yard. Her name was changed to Grampus November 1920. Assigned to ferry service between the Washington Navy Yard, Indian Head, Md., and Dahlgren, Va., Grampus decommissioned 11 December 1930. Her name was struck from the Navy List on 30 December 1930 and she was later sold to the Buxton Line of Norfolk, Va.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (firstname.lastname@example.org)