From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A former name retained.
(SP - 1197: l. 35'2"; b. 6'3"; dr. 2'6"; s. 20 k.)
Hunch, a motor launch, was built by Charles Seabury & Sons, Morris Heights, N.Y., in 1907, and was acquired from her owner, R. A. Alger of Detroit, Mich., in August 1917. Her first C.O. Was Ensign P. L. Emerson, USNRF.
Assigned to the 9th, 10th, and 11th Naval Districts, Hunch acted as a patrol boat on the Detroit River during the First World War and was returned to her owner in 1918.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)