From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A former name retained.
(SP - 1188: t. 5; l. 35'; b. 5'6"; dr. 3'; s. 15 k.; a. 1 mg.)
Jane II (SP-1188), a wooden motor boat, was built in 1914 by A. Appel, of Trenton, N.J., and acquired by the Navy from her owner, George Gumphert of Philadelphia, in August 1917. She commissioned soon afterward, and was first commanded by A. Aspling, Coxwain [sic; Coxswain], USNRF.
Assigned to the 4th Naval District, Jane II operated as a dispatch boat and patrol craft at the section base, Cape May, N.J. She was returned to her owner 25 November 1918.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)