From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A former name retained.
(SP - 1031: l. 55'2"; b. 9'9"; dr. 3'; s. 26 k.; a. 1 1-pdr., 1 mg.)
Jolly Roger (SP-1031), a wooden motor boat, was built in 1917 by W. T. Ruddock, New York City, and was taken over at Newport from her owner, J. S. Van Allen, New York City, on 16 December 1917.
Jolly Roger was assigned to the Torpedo Station, Newport, and performed valuable work ranging torpedoes, as well as aiding in experimental work on mines and depth charges. The boat also engaged in general dispatch and supply work in the harbor area. While being loaded on board Kanawha 6 November 1918, Jolly Roger was damaged beyond repair and was struck from the Navy List 4 April 1919.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)