From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A former name retained.
(SP - 1011: t. 22; l. 67'; b. 13'; dr. 4'; s. 11 k.; cpl. 8; a. 1 3-pdr., 1 1-pdr.)
Geraldine, a motor patrol boat, was built as Albion in 1916 by George Lawley & Sons, Neponset, Mass.; acquired by the Navy 24 July 1917 from her owner, Frederick S. Fish, South Bend, Ind.; taken over at Chicago 8 September 1917; and commissioned 13 September 1917, Ens. F. S. Fish, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to the 9th Naval District, Geraldine operated as a section patrol boat out of Great Lakes, Ill., and cruised Lake Michigan until winter 1917 when she was laid up at Chicago. Returning to Lake Michigan 6 April 1918, Geraldine resumed her patrol and guard duties, and served as a dispatch boat in the Sault St. Marie area from 12 May to 19 August. After the Armistice, her name was struck from the Navy List 17 December; and she was returned to her owner 7 January 1919.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)