From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
(SP: l. 179'; b. 20'1"; dr. 7'6"; s. 14 k.; cpl. 49; a. 3 3-pdr.)
The first Felicia (No. 642) was built in 1898 by J. N. Robins Co., Brooklyn, N.Y.; purchased by the Navy 21 June 1917; and commissioned 29 June 1917, Lieutenant H. Langworthy, USNRF, in command.
Felicia patrolled the New England coast, on duty with the 2d Naval District, until 30 August 1918, when she collided with a submarine in heavy fog off Montauk Point. She was in repair or laid up at various yards until decommissioned at Brooklyn, N.Y., 25 August 1919. She was sold 25 March 1920.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)