From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
Elithro II (No. 15), a motorboat free leased to the Navy, was placed in service on 26 December 1917 and assigned to the 3d Naval District. She performed intermittent plane guard duty at the Naval Coastal Air Station, Rockaway Beach, Long Island, N.Y., until returned to her owner on 18 December 1918.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)