From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
(SP: l. 137'4"; b. 15'8"; dr. 7'8"; s. 13 k.; cpl. 25; a. 1 3-pdr.)
Edorea (No. 549), a motor yacht, was built by George Lawley and Sons, Neponset, Mass., in 1909; free leased to the Navy, and commissioned on 27 July 1917, Lieutenant J. G. N. Whitaker, USNRF, in command. Assigned to the 4th Naval District, she performed convoy escort and partol [sic; patrol] duty in the Cape May area, as well as escorting U.S. submarines to sea for target practice. Edorea was decommissioned on 10 December 1918 and returned to her owners.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)