From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
Dean II (No. 98), a motor boat, was free-leased to the Navy, and placed in service on 10 May 1917. She was assigned to the 3d Naval District where she performed patrol duty. She was placed out of service on 31 May 1918 and returned to her owner.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT