From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
Chipper (No. 1049), a motorboat free
leased to the Navy, was placed in service on 24 July 1917 and
assigned to the 4th Naval District where she performed patrol duty at
Philadelphia and ferry duty at the Naval Academy. In March 1918
Chipper was transferred to the 5th Naval District where she
remained until being returned to her owners on 24 March 1919.
Transcribed by: email@example.com
HTML conversion by: EPM
Date: 24 Jan 1999