From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
Chichota (No. 65), a yacht free-leased
to the Navy, was placed in commission on 5 June 1917 and assigned to
the 3d Naval District where she performed net patrol duty. She was
transferred for a brief time to the Chesapeake Bay area, returning to
New York early in 1918. Chichota was decommissioned on 21
December 1918 and returned to her owner.
Transcribed by: firstname.lastname@example.org
HTML conversion by: EPM
Date: 23 Jan 1999