From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
Carlotta (No. 1785), a motor boat free-leased to the Navy in August 1917 by the Commonwealth of Virginia, was assigned to the 5th Naval District. She performed patrol duty at Cape Charles and radio inspection duty at Newport News until October 1918 when she was returned to her owner.
Transcribed by: firstname.lastname@example.org
HTML conversion by: epm
Date: 18 Mar 1999