From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
Carrie Clark (No. 1238), formerly the steamship Anna, and ex-Carrie M. Clark, was purchased by the Navy in 1917. She served in the 5th Naval District where she operated chiefly as coal barge until 8 August 1918, when assigned to Naval Overseas Transportation Service. On 27 March 1919 she was reassigned to the 5th Naval District, and on 13 June was stricken from the Navy List.
Transcribed by: firstname.lastname@example.org
HTML conversion by: EPM
Date: 20 Feb 1999