From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
HMS Boxer (14) was built in 1812. Captured off Maine by Enterprise (14), she was not taken into the United States Navy.
The galley Borer (q. v.) was sometimes referred to as Boxer.
(Sch: T. 194; l. 88'; b. 23'6"; dr. 10'11"; a. 2 9-pdr. S. B. 8 24-pdr. S. B.; cl. Boxer)
The second Boxer, a 10-gun schooner, was launched 22 November 1831 by Boston Navy Yard and commissioned the following year, Lieutenant B. Page, Jr., in command.
Between 1832 and 1840 Boxer served on the Brazil (1832-33), West Indies (1834), and Pacific (1835-40) Stations. In 1840 upon her return to New York from the Pacific, she was thoroughly repaired and re-rigged as a brig. During 1842-44 she served with the Home Squadron and was then laid up at Boston Navy Yard. Recommissioned in 1846 she cruised with the African Squadron until 1848 when she returned to Philadelphia Navy Yard. Found unworthy of further repairs she was sold there 7 August 1848.