From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Bohio is a type of thatched hut found in the West Indies.
(Brig: T. 197; l. 100'; b. 24'9"; dph. 9'4"; a. 2 32-pdr. S. B.)
Bohio, an armed brig, was built in 1856 at Williamsburg, N. Y., purchased by the Navy 9 September 1861: and commissioned 30 December 1861, Acting Master W. D. Gregory in command.
Bohio joined the West Gulf Blockading Squadron in January 1862 and cruised along the Louisiana and Alabama coasts. During 1862 she took four prizes and forced the scuttling of a fifth vessel. She joined Albatross in destroying the salt works along St. Andrew Bay, Fla. (24 November-8 December 1862). Bohio continued on blockade duty in Pensacola Bay, Fla., and off the Texas coast until March 1864 when she was converted into a coal vessel.
She was decommissioned at New York Navy Yard 25 July 1865 and sold there 27 September 1865.