From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Ben Morgan was a merchant name retained.
(Ship: T. 407; dr. 15'; cpl. 26)
Ben Morgan, a ship, was built in 1826 at Philadelphia, Pa., as Mediator; purchased at New York 27 May 1861; and commissioned later in the year, Acting Master J. B. Gordon in command. She served as an ordnance store vessel and hospital ship with the North Atlantic Blockading Squadron in Hampton Roads, Va., until 1865. She was sold at New York, 30 November 1865.