From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships, Vol.VI p 408
A Coast Guard name retained.
Sea Scout was built in 1922 as Valero II by William Muller, Wilmington, Calif.; acquired by the Navy from the Coast Guard on 24 December 1942 ; and commissioned on 15 March 1943, Lt. (ig.) Malcolm L. Wood in command.
Assigned to the 11th Naval District, the coastal yacht served in the West Coast Sound Training School. On 7 March 1944, she was disabled and required an indefinite period for repair. Her crew was transferred for temporary duty to YP--411, and she was retained as an immobile unit for training sonar students.
Sea Scout was decommissioned on 15 May, 1944. She was laid up at Frontier Base, San Diego, on 17 July, and transferred to the War Shipping Administration for disposal.