From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships, Vol. II p 142
Former name retained.
Colleen (PYC--27), was built by Pusey and Jones Co., Wilmington, Del., in 1928 ; purchased by the Navy 5 March 1942; and commissioned 2 September 1942, Lieutenant L. L. Stanton, USNR, in command.
Commissioned at Sturgeon Bay, Wis., Colleen proceeded to Boston via the Great Lakes, -St. Lawrence River, and Halifax, N.S., carrying out escort and patrol duties on the way. After operations in the Boston area, she sailed to New York, where she was decommissioned on 14 February 1944, and placed in service as the school-ship at the Naval Reserve Midshipman's School. She served in that capacity until 11 September 1945 when she was transferred to the Coast Guard.