From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships, Vol.VI p 93
A variety of garnet.
Rhodolite, built in 1931 for Goodyear and Hollander by the Bath Iron Works, Bath, Maine, was purchased as the yacht Sea Pine from Mr. E. P. Larsh 29 December 1941 ; converted by the Tampa Shipbuilding Co., Tampa, Fla, ; and commissioned as Rhodolite (PYc--19) 14 March 1942, Lt. George Reith in command.
Assigned to the 14th Naval District, Rhodolite departed Tampa 26 March and arrived at Long Beach a month later. Delayed there by repairs until 25 May, she arrived at Pearl Harbor 2 June and reported to Commander, Hawaiian Sea Frontier, for inshore patrol and escort duty. Shifted to weather patrol duty in October 1943, she remained in the Hawaiian area until after the end of World War II. In November 1945 she sailed back to the west coast and reported for inactivation at San Diego. Decommissioned 29 December 1945 and struck from the Navy list 21 January 1946, she was turned over to the Maritime Commission for disposal in February 1947.