From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships, Vol. VI, p 47
A city in Kentucky.
The first Ready (PG-67) was built by Harland and Wolff, Ltd., Belfast, Northern Ireland, in 1940 as the British "Flower class" corvette Calendula; redesignated a gunboat and renamed Ready (PG-67) ; acquired by the U.S. Navy and commissioned at Tilburg, England, 12 March 1942, Lt. Edwin C. Woodward in command.
Ready sailed from Northern Ireland 15 April 1942 as escort to a Newfoundland bound convoy. From Newfoundland she proceeded to Norfolk, arriving 13 May 1942. Assigned to coastal convoy duty, she completed six runs to Key West, and back, during the next 3 months through waters made hazardous by the German submarine offensive.
Toward the end of August, Ready shifted her base of operations to New York, but for the next 2 1/2 years continued to escort convoys bound to Key West, Fla., and extended such runs to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, whence she returned to New York. Detached 20 January 1945, she was assigned to antisubmarine patrol and escort in the approaches to New York until after the close of war in Europe, 5 May 1945.
Ready was then assigned to convoy ships to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, On 1 August 1945 she departed Boston to again cross the Atlantic. She dropped anchor at Harwicb, England, 15 August 1945. She decommissioned at Harwich 20 August 1945 and was returned to the Royal Navy 3 days later. She was struck from the Navy list 17 September 1945.