From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships, Vol. VI p 84
(PG--66: dp. 1,375 (f.) ; 1. 205'2'' b.33'0"; dr 14'7" ; s. 16 k. ; cpl. 87; a, 1 4", 1 3", 4 20mm., 2 dct., 4 dcp., 1 dcp. (hh.); cl. Temptress)
The third Restless (PG- 66) was launched 21 February 1940 by Harland and Wolff, Ltd., Belfast, North Ireland, as the corvette HMS. Periwinkle; acquired by the US. Navy under reverse lend--lease; and commissioned as Restless 15 March 1942, Lt. E. C. Long in command.
Following training and some escort duty, Restless crossed the Atlantic in April and was assigned to the Eastern Sea Frontier. For most of World War II, she escorted vessels between New York and Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Detached in January 1945, Restless was assigned to patrol duty and, until July, operated out of New York. She then steamed to Boston, whence she sailed, 1 August, for the United Kingdom.
Arriving at Chatham 14 August, she decommissioned 20 August 1945, and was officially returned to the British Government on the 26th. Struck from the U.S. Navy list 17 September 1945, she joined the British merchant fleet in 1947 as Perilock.