From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships, Vol. 1, p 28
Alexandria is the name of several cities and counties in the United States.
(PF-18: dp. 1296 ; 1. 304' ; b. 38' ; dr. 14' ; s. 20 k. ; cpl.190; a. 2 3" ;cl. Tacoma)
The second Alexandria (PF-18) was launched 15 January 1944 by American Shipbuilding Co., Lorain, Ohio, under a Maritime Commission contract ; sponsored by Mrs. J. L. Hall, Jr. ; transferred to the Navy 31 July 1944 ; commissioned 11 March 1945, Lieutenant Commander C. G. Houtsma, USCG, in command ; and reported to the Atlantic Fleet.
Between 14 June 1945 and 12 February 1946 the Coast Guard manned Alexandria served on weather patrol off Newfoundland. She was decommissioned 10 April 1946 and sold 18 April 1947.