From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships, Vol. 1, p 47
Annapolis is the capital of Maryland and the site of the United States Naval Academy.
(PF-15: dp. 1270; 1. 303'11"; b. 37'6" ; dr. 13'8" ; s. 19 k. ; cpl. 180; a. 3 3"; cl. Tacoma)
The second Annapolis (PF-15) was launched 16 October 1943 by American Shipbuilding Co., Lorain, Ohio; sponsored by Mrs. Belva Grace McCready; and commissioned 4 December 1944, Commander M. F. Garfield, USCG, In command.
Between 17 February and 2 June 1945 the Coast Guard-manned Annapolis made two convoy runs to Oran, Algeria. Following further training exercises in the Caribbean during June and July 1945, she reported to the Pacific Fleet on 5 August. In September she made a voyage to Alaskan waters and for the remainder of the year operated in California waters. Between 23 January and 6 April 1946 she served two tours on plane guard and weather duty in the North Pacific.
Annapolis was decommissioned at Seattle 29 May 1946 and sold to Mexico, through the Foreign Liquidation Commission, 24 November 1947.