From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships, Vol. 1, p 165
Brownsville is a city in Texas.
(PF-10: dp. 1430; 1. 303'11"; b. 37'6"; dr. 13'8"; s.20.3 k. ; cpl. 190 ; a. 3 3" ; cl. Tacoma)
Brownsville (PF-10) was launched 14 November 1943 by Kaiser Cargo, Inc., Richmond, Calif.; sponsored by Mrs. J. H. Burney; and commissioned 6 May 1944, Commander H. M. Warner, USCG, in command.
Between September 1944 and April 1946 the Coast Guard manned Brownsville was attached to the Western Sea Frontier. She operated with the Southern California Sector in the San Diego area, conducting amphibious training and anti-submarine warfare exercises barrier patrol, and escorted convoys until April 1943 when she joined the Northern California Sector. After a brief period of patrolling off the entrance to San Francisco Bay, Brownsville began patrol on weather and plane guard stations. She performed this service until 15 April 1946 when she was placed out of commission and loaned to the Coast Guard. She was returned from the Coast Guard 28 June 1946 and sold 30 September 1947.