From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships, Vol.VI p 172
Cities in Illinois and Indiana.
Rushville (PCS.-1380) was laid down 27 February 1943 by the Wheeler Shipbuilding Corp., Whitestone, Long Island, N.Y.; launched 25 February 1944; sponsored by Miss Madeline Korte ; and commissioned as PCS-1 380 22 March 1944, Lt. John James Connell, USNR, in command.
Following shakedown at Frontier Base, Tompkinsville, N.Y., and Miami, Fla., PCS-1380 was assigned as an antisubmarine warfare training ship to the Fleet Sonar School Squadron, Key West, Fla. During December 1944 she was outfitted with special experimental sound gear. She remained in this duty throughout the rest of the war.
PCS-1380 reported to the 4th Fleet, in the South Atlantic, for reserve duty 21 March 1946. Returned to active duty in January 1947, she was with the 2d Fleet, with a homeport of Key West, from 1947 through 1951.
Reassigned to the 11th Naval District for Naval Reserve training effective 29 March 1952, she operated off the coast of southern California, steaming as far north as San Francisco and as far south as Mazatlan, Mexico. She reported to the San Diego Group, Pacific Reserve Fleet, 13 April 1954 and to the Stockton Group 2 June 1954. She was placed out of commission in reserve 15 July 1954. Named Rushville 15 February 1956, she was struck from the Navy list 5 September 1957, and sold to Western Contracting Corp., Sioux City, Iowa, 29 April 1958.