From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A borough of Wayne County, in northeastern Pennsylvania.
(PC - 566: dp. 277; l. 178'; b. 23'; dr. 8'; s. 20 k.; cpl. 59; a. 1 3", 1 40mm., 2 20mm., 2 rkt., 2 dcp., 2 dct.; cl. PC-461)
PC-566 was laid down by Brown Shipbuilding Co., Houston, Tex., 14 August 1941; launched 31 March 1942; sponsored by Miss Ruby Joyce Halfin; and commissioned 15 June, Lt. Comdr. H. C. Claudius in command.
After shakedown PC-566 was assigned to patrol and escort operations in the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean. Throughout the war, the subchaser remained in the Florida-Caribbean area on patrol and escort duty and also as a training ship out of Miami. In March 1945, she was attached to the Fleet Experimental Sonar School, Key West, then resumed duties the following month at the Naval Training Center in Miami.
After World War II, PC-566 continued training exercises along the East Coast, and in the Caribbean until late 1946. PC-566 decommissioned 8 January 1947, and joined the Atlantic Reserve Fleet. While berthed at Norfolk, she was named Honesdale 1 February 1956. Honesdale was struck from the Navy List 1 July 1960 and sold to Venezuela in June 1961.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)