From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships, Vol.V p 211
(PC--465: dp. 300; 1. 174'9"; b. 23'; dr. 7'6"; s. 20 k.; cpl. 80; a. 2 3", 2 20mm, 2 dcp., 2 dct.; cl. PC--461)
Paragould (PC--465), a steel-hulled submarine chaser, was laid down 19 August 1941 by George Lawley & Son Corp., Neponset, Mass.; launched 28 March 1942 ; sponsored by Miss Edna Tamm ; and commissioned at Boston 25 May.
On her maiden voyage from Boston to Norfolk, Va. Paragould served as an anti-submarine convoy escort. Thence from Norfolk she provided escort service for a second convoy, this time to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
In August Paragould commenced patrol and escort operations between Coco Solo, Panama and Guantanamo Bay. She also called at several Central and South American ports. After a short overhaul at Key West, Fla, in June 1943, she resumed convoy escort duties in the Caribbean.
Paragould underwent a major overhaul at Key West during the summer of 1944 preparatory to transit to Pearl Harbor. She reported 6 December to Commander, Hawaiian Sea Frontier, and immediately commenced inter-island convoy escort. duty and patrol. In January and February 1945 she escorted a convoy as far as Canton Island, touching at Palmyra, Fanning, and Christmas Islands in the process.
She was next assigned operations out of Eniwetok, and from May through August she performed as a convoy escort, patrol, and hunter-killer craft. Paragould transferred to Kwajalein 19 August but served there only briefly before returning to the United States.
Paragould was placed out of commission, in reserve and berthed at Green Cove Springs, Fla. in 1946. She was struck from the Navy List 1 July 1960 and transferred to Venezuela in April 1961. as Pulpo (P--7).