From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships, Vol. III p 420
Moving with great force or violence.
The patrol yacht Arlis was built in 1915 by Robert Jacob Inc., City Island, N.Y. ; acquired by the Navy 12 August 1940 ; and commissioned as PC--454 16 October 1940.
Assigned to the 15th Naval District, PC-454 arrived Canal Zone in mid-November 1940, to patrol the approaches to the Panama Canal. From November 1940 to August 1944, she performed escort and patrol operations off Central America while on constant vigil for enemy submarines. PC--454 was named Impetuous and reclassified PYc--46 15 July 1943. On 31 August 1944, the patrol yacht arrived Philadelphia and decommissioned there 27 September. Impetuous was struck from the Navy List 14 October, and sold by WSA 14 June 1945.