From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships, Vol. III p 661-662
A coastal city in southwestern Maine.
PC--1201 was laid down 12 December 1942 by Consolidated Shipbuilding Corp., Morris Heights, N.Y. ; launched 14 February 1943 ; sponsored by Mrs. A. E. Bradbury and Commissioned 11 June, Lt. (j.g.) William W. Huffman in command.
After shakedown and sound training off Florida, PC-- 1201 was assigned to escort convoys in the Caribbean. Arriving Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, 20 August 1943, she sailed 7 days later on her first escort cruise to Trinidad. Throughout the remaining months of World War II, PC-- 1201 continued the Guantanamo-Trinidad runs protecting supply laden convoys from evening U--boat attacks.
After the defeat of Nazi Germany, the sub chaser continued air-sea rescue operations out of Trinidad and Cuba until she sailed for New York via Puerto Rico and Norfolk, arriving Tompkinsville, Staten Island, N.Y., 21 June. PC-- 1201 decommissioned there 30 July 1946, then began duty as a Naval Reserve Training Ship. She operated in this status until 1950 when she joined the Atlantic Reserve Fleet at Boston.
While berthed at Boston, PC--1201 was named Kitterv 15 February 1956. She was sold 9 October 1959 to Hughes Brothers Inc., New York, N.Y.