From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
(PY: l. 81'5"; b. 12'1"; dr. 4'; s. 10 k.; cpl. 13; a. 1 1-pdr.)
Fli-Hawk (No. 550), a yacht free-leased by the Navy in 1917 was commissioned on 12 May 1917, Boatswain P. Savage, USNRF, in command. She was assigned to the 5th Naval District for patrol duty. While getting underway on 31 December 1917 Fli-Hawk collided with SS Gratitude in Norfolk Harbor and sank 3 hours later. She was raised and repaired, and on 8 February 1919 was decommissioned and returned to her owners.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (firstname.lastname@example.org)