From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A member of a religious order in ancient Gaul, Britain, and Ireland.
(PY: l. 217'; b. 28'6''; dr. 13'6''; s. 17 k.; cpl. 113; a. 2 3'')
Druid (No. 321), a yacht, was purchased by the Navy in Havana, Cuba, on 2 June 1917, and commissioned on 17 September 1917, Lieutenant H. A. McClure in command. She engaged in escort and towing services in the Mediterranean, the Straits of Gibraltar, and off the coast of Portugal. She was placed in reserve in New London on 3 January 1919 and decommissioned on 28 May 1919 prior to being sold.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (firstname.lastname@example.org)