From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
A private name retained.
PY: l. 125' b. 16'6" dr. 7'
Chilhowee (No. 525) was built as a private yacht by Neilson Yacht Building Co., Baltimore, Md.; purchased by the Navy 12 July 1917; commissioned 10 June 1917; and assigned to the 5th Naval District.
Based at Norfolk, Va., she was assigned duty
with the captain of the port and inspected anchorages in Hampton
Roads. Chilhowee was placed out of commission 10 September
1919 and turned over to the Coast Guard the same day.
Transcribed by: email@example.com
HTML conversion by: EPM
Date: 24 Jan 1999