From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Private name retained.
PY: t. 240 l. 167' b. 23'4"
dr. 13'4" s. 10 k. cpl. 68 a. 2 x 3"
Carola IV (No. 812) was built in 1885 by Culzion Shipbuilding Co., Culzion, Scotland; purchased by the Navy in June 1917; commissioned 7 July 1917, Lieutenant (junior grade) H. R. Keller in command; and reported to the Second Division, Patrol Squadron, Atlantic Fleet.
Carola IV cleared New York late in
July 1917 for St. John's, Newfoundland; the Azores; and Brest,
France. Arriving 29 August, she served on patrol and escort duty
along the coast of France. Her active service ended in October 1917,
when she was fitted out for service as an auxiliary berthing ship.
She served at Base Seven, Brest, until 27 December 1919, when she was
decommissioned and sold.
Transcribed by: email@example.com
HTML conversion by: EPM
Date: 19 Feb 1999