From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
B. H. B. Hubbard
B. H. B. Hubbard was a merchant name retained.
(AM: dp. 400; l. 155'; b. 22'; dr. 8'6"; s. 13 k.; cpl. 38; a. 1 3")
B. H. B. Hubbard was built in 1911 by Harlan and Hollingsworth Corp., Wilmington, Del., as a trawler; purchased by the Navy 8 June 1917; and commissioned 1 August 1917, Lieutenant (junior grade) E. S. Husband USNRF, in command.
B. H. B. Hubbard was fitted out as a minesweeper and assigned to the 4th Squadron, Patrol Force. She departed New York 3 October for France, sailing via the Azores. Attached to Patrol Force, European Waters, she swept mines and escorted convoys off the French coast until April 1919. She departed Brest, France, 27 Apr. 1919 to return to the United States but was forced back by bad weather. Transferred to the 4th Patrol Force she served as a cargo vessel in French waters until decommissioned at Brest 18 October 1919. B. H. B. Hubbard was sold 25 October 1919.