From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
(AMc-99: dp. 228 (f.); l. 97'0"; b. 22'0", dr. 9'6'', s. 10 k.; cpl. 17; a. 2 .50 cal mg.; cl Acme)
Radiant (AMc-99) was laid down by Anderson and Cristofani, San Francisco, Calif., 26 June 1941; launched 27 September 1941 sponsored by Mrs. V. Moyland; and placed in service 11 February 1942, Lt. (jg.) E. A. Loew, USNR, in command.
This wooden-hulled coastal minesweeper, equipped with magnetic, acoustic, and moored minesweep gear, was originally assigned to the 13th Naval District, with a home yard of Puget Sound. She operated off the Pacific Northwest until assigned to the Alaskan Sea Frontier 12 April 1944. Reassigned to the 13th Naval District 5 September 1944, she again served along the U. S. Northwest coast and was placed out of service 5 December 1945. Radiant was struck from the Navy list 12 March 1946, transferred to the Maritime Commission, and sold to North Shore Packing Co., Ltd., 7 February 1947.