From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
A small finch.
Canary (AMC-25), formerly John G. Murley, was acquired by the Navy on 24 October 1940, and following conversion, was placed in service on 19 June 1941 in the 4th Naval District. On 10 January 1944 she was reclassified YDT-7 and thereafter attached to the 6th Naval District for assignment in connection with diving torpedo, mine and antisubmarine programs. She was transferred to the Maritime Administration in June 1948.