From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
(AMc-109: dp. 190, 1. 98'5"; b. 23'6"; dr. 10'6"(mean); s. 10 k.; cpl. 17; a. 2 .50-cal. mg., 2 .30-cal. mg.; cl. Accentor)
The second Victor (AMc-109) a wooden-hulled coastal minesweeper was laid down on 14 July 1941 at Rockland, Maine, by the Snow Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 6 December 1941; sponsored by Miss Virginia Hanson; and placed in service at the Boston Navy Yard on 17 April 1942.
Following training at the Mine Warfare School Yorktown, Va., Victor operated locally in the Tidewater region for nearly one year before shifting to the 3d Naval District in March 1943 for local operations. After the end of the war with Germany, she moved to Charleston, S.C., in June of 1945 for mine clearance operations. Victor worked locally in the 6th Naval District until placed out of service there on 31 October 1945. Simultaneously laid up in reserve in the Wando River, the minesweeper was declared surplus and authorized for delivery to the War Shipping Administration (WSA) on 5 November for disposal. Struck from the Navy list on 16 November 1945, the erstwhile minecraft was delivered at Charleston by the WSA to her purchaser, Eugene Mario of Gloucester, Mass., on 28 October 1946.