From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Bullfinch is a European and American grosbeak.
(AM-66: dp. 425: l. 136'4"; b. 24'; dr. 11'; s. 10 k.; a. 1 3"; cl. Bullfinch)
Bullfinch (AM-66), ex-Villanova, was launched 27 October 1937 by Bath Iron Works Corp., Bath, Maine; acquired by the Navy 6 July 1940; commissioned in ordinary 16 August 1940; overhauled and fitted out at Norfolk Navy Yard, and placed in full commission 22 October 1940, Lieutenant J. A. Webster in command.
Throughout her entire naval career Bullfinch was assigned to the 5th Naval District. She operated as a unit of TU 90.5.3 in Chesapeake Bay sweeping the entrances to Norfolk and Yorktown, Va. Bullfinch was decommissioned 15 September 1944 and transferred to the Maritime Commission 28 July 1940.