From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
To notify of danger or risk.
(AM-158: dp. 530; 1. 184'6"; b. 33'; dr. 9'9"; s. 15 k.; cpl. 104; a. 1 3"; cl. Admirable)
Caution (AM-158) was launched 7 December 1942 by Willamette Iron and Steel Corp., Portland, Oreg.; commissioned 10 February 1944, Lieutenant Commander F. G. Crane, USNR, in command, and reported to the Pacific Fleet.
Clearing San Francisco 21 April 1944, Caution arrived at Pearl Harbor 1 May. Until 1 August, she escorted convoys from Pearl Harbor to Majuro and Eniwetok; then sailed to Saipan, arriving 25 August. Assigned to the Saipan-Tinian Patrol and Escort Group, Caution also guarded convoys to Eniwetok and back to the Marianas. On 5 April 1945, she cleared Eniwetok for Portland, Oreg., and overhaul.
Caution arrived at Cold Bay, Alaska, 11 July 1945 to train a Russian crew. She was decommissioned 16 August 1945, and transferred under lend-lease to the Soviet Union, in whose custody she remains. She was reclassified MSF-158 on 7 February 1955. [Transcriber's Note: Caution served as T-598 in the Soviet Navy and was reported as having been scrapped in 1956.]