From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Bond is a noun denoting a binding force or influence.
(AM-152: dp. 530; l. 184'6"; b. 33'; dr. 9'9"; a 15 k.; cpl. 104; a. 1 3"; cl. Admirable)
Bond (AMc-129) was reclassified AM-152, 21 February 1942; launched 21 October 1942 by Willamette Iron and Steel Corp., Portland, Oreg.; commissioned 30 August 1843, Lieutenant C. L. Grabenhorst, USNR, in command; and reported to the Pacific Fleet.
Between 2 October and 20 November 1943 Bond operated at San Pedro, Calif., and then steamed to the Aleutian Islands, via Pearl Harbor, arriving at Adak 13 December. Between December 1943 and June 1944 Bond performed minesweeping operations at Adak, Attu, Dutch Harbor, Kiska, and Amchitka. On 29 June 1944 she left Dutch Harbor and steamed to San Francisco arriving 7 June.
After repairs, Bond departed San Francisco 8 August 1844 for Saipan, Marianas Islands, via Pearl Harbor and Eniwetok. Between 2 and 28 September she patrolled in the vicinity of Saipan and then commenced convoy escort operations between Saipan, Ulithi, Guam, and Eniwetok.
On 13 May 1845 Bond departed Pearl Harbor and sailed to Portland, Oreg. After undergoing repairs at Portland and later at Seattle, Wash., she sailed to Cold Bay, Alaska, where she was transferred under Lend-Lease to the U. S. S. R., 17 August 1945. Reclassified MSF-152, 7 February 1955, Bond remains in Russian hands. [Designated T-593 in the Soviet Navy, Bombard is reported to have been scrapped in the USSR in 1956.]