From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
A barrier is an obstacle.
(AM-150: dp. 630; l. 184'6"; b. 33'; dr. 10'; s. 14.8 k.; cpl. 104; a. 1 3"; cl. Admirable)
Barrier (AMc-127) was reclassified AM-150, 21 February 1942; launched 23 February 1943 by Tampa Shipbuilding Co., Inc., Tampa, Fla., sponsored by Mrs. Eugenie Bradford, wife of Lieutenant L. M. Bradford; and commissioned 10 May 1944, Lieutenant D. T. Ehrmann In command.
In July 1944 Barrier departed the east coast, transited the Panama Canal, and arrived at San Francisco 3 August. Between August 1944 and July 1946 she operated in Alaskan waters on minesweeping, patrol; and escort operations, frequently visiting Kodiak, Dutch Harbor, and Adak. During July 1946 she acted as a training vessel for minesweeping crews of the Russian Navy.
Barrier was decommissioned at Cold Bay, Alaska, 18 July 1945 and the following day was turned over to Russia under the terms of the Lend-Lease Act. Barrier remains in Russian hands and was reclassified MSF-150, 7 February 1955. [Transcriber's Note: Barrier served as T-525 in the Soviet Navy until allegedly scrapped in the USSR in 1956.]