From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
A bastion is a work projecting outward from the main enclosure of a fort.
(ACM-6: dp. 880; l. 188'2"; b. 37'; dr. 12'6"; s. 12.5 k.; cpl. 69; a. 1 40 mm.; cl. Chimo)
Bastion (ACM-6) was built in 1942 by Marietta Manufacturing Co., Point Pleasant, W. Va., as the Army mine planter Colonel Henry J. Hunt; transferred to the Navy 4 January 1945; and commissioned 9 April 1945, Lieutenant E. D. Fatkin, USNR, in command.
Bastion departed for the Pacific 17 June and arrived at San Diego 7 July. She reported to Commander, Minecraft, Pacific, at Pearl Harbor in August. During September she performed minesweeping and repair duties throughout the Marianas Islands and between October and December she continued these duties at Okinawa. She left Okinawa 17 December and arrived in Japan 21 December where she remained on occupation duty until 11 March 1946.
Returning to the west coast, Bastion was decommissioned 18 June 1946 at San Francisco and transferred to the Coast Guard the same day. [Transcriber's Note: Where she was known as WLB-330 Jonquil.]