From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
A river in South Carolina.
Congaree (IX-84), formerly Wakiva, was an auxiliary yawl
acquired by the Navy and placed in service at Port Everglades Section
Base on 17 October 1942 for inshore patrol duty in the 7th Naval
District. She performed in this capacity until placed out of service
on 15 March 1943. In May 1946 she was transferred to Annapolis for
duty at the Naval Academy. Congaree was turned over to the
Maritime Commission in April 1947 and stricken from the Navy Register
on 10 June.
Transcribed by: email@example.com
HTML by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: 17 Oct 1998