From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A former name retained.
(IX - 70: dp. 86; l. 87'; b. 21')
Gloria Dalton (IX-70) was built in 1925 by Craig Shipbuilding Co., Long Beach, Calif., and was purchased by the Navy 11 May 1942. She commissioned 30 May 1942 Lt. (j.g.) W. H. Sutherland in command.
Gloria Dalton performed coastal patrol duties with home port San Diego, Calif., under Commandant, 11th Naval District until 16 November 1942, then under Commander, Western Sea Frontier. She was laid up and decommissioned because of a need for too extensive repairs 1 October 1943, struck from the Navy List 28 June 1944, and was transferred to the WSA for disposal. She was eventually returned to her owner.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)