From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
Eastwind (IX-234), the former German ocean racing yacht, was taken over by the Navy in April 1946 arriving in the United States for assignment to the Naval Academy. Surveyed in 1949 and determined to be in excess of Navy needs, she was stricken from the Navy Register on 27 October 1949 and sold.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (email@example.com)