From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Erroneously named as second ship of Chotank lineage.
dr. 28' s. 10 k. a. 1 x 4", 1 x 3"
Chotauk (IX-188) was built in 1920 by Bethlehem Shipbuilding Corp., Quincy, Mass., as Japan Arrow (later renamed American Arrow); transferred from the War Shipping Administration at Pearl Harbor 29 November 1944; and commissioned the same day, Lieutenant Commander W. D. Baker, USNR, in command.
Chotauk served as a station tanker with the Pacific Fleet at Eniwetok (3 January-14 February 1945), Ulithi (23 February-10 July), and Okinawa (17 July-29 October). She returned to Mobile, Ala., on 5 January 1946. Chotauk was decommissioned there and returned to the War Shipping Administration 7 February 1946.