From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships, Vol.IV- p199
(WYT--91: dp. 328 1. 110' ; dr. 11' ; a. 8 k, ; cl. 110'B)
Assigned to the 3d Coast Guard District at New York City, she operated in and about New York Harbor. Executive Order 8929 of 1 November 1941 transferred the entire Coast Guard to the Navy. Mahoning continued operations in New York Harbor as part of the naval forces until 1 January 1946. Executive Order 9666 of 28 December 1945 returned her to the Coast Guard.
New York City remained her permanent headquarters throughout the post-World War II years. In 1966 she was redesignated WYTM-91, and she has continued to operate as a tug in New York Harbor into 1969.