From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships, Vol.III, p 578
A genus of evergreen shrubs and trees.
The second Juniper was a lighthouse tender built inBaltimore in 1903. She was transferred to the Navy with the entire Lighthouse Service by Executive order 11 April 1917 and served the Navy as a patrol vessel. She was returned to the custody of the Department of Commerce 1 July 1919.