From: Dictionary of American Fighting Ships
A flowerless plant with feathery leaves.
(PY: dp. 237; l. 98'5"; b. 22'; dr. 8'6"; s. 9 k.; cpl. 15; a. 2 3-pdr.)
Fern a lighthouse tender, was acquired by the Navy and placed in service on 4 September 1917. She was assigned to the 13th Naval District and patrolled Alaskan waters until her return to the Lighthouse Service under Executive Order of 1 July 1919.
Transcribed by Yves HUBERT (firstname.lastname@example.org)