From: Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships
Former name retained.
Camellia (lighthouse tender) was mobilized for war service by executive order and transferred first to the War Department, and on 1 July 1917, to the Navy Department. She was thereafter attached to the 8th Naval District until 1 July 1919 when she was returned to her owner.
Transcribed by: firstname.lastname@example.org
HTML conversion by: epm
Date: 28 Mar 1999